About the job
We are looking for Technical Writers with experience in education to support our team’s various initiatives and programs worldwide. Reporting directly to NEAR Foundation’s Head of Education, you’ll create and publish engaging content to attract, teach and delight our community of developers, as well as advocate and represent their voice internally.
In this learning support role, you’ll use your skills and experience to create a compelling vision that guides our students to create big things together.. While we are currently delivering various certifications through the NEAR Certified family of course curriculum, your imagination is the limit when it comes to new course ideas and modes of learning to expand our reach to millions.
We’re passionate about living up to our NEAR ecosystem values by enabling community-driven innovation to benefit people worldwide . This role is your unique chance to directly inspire developers to build massively impactful apps on a decentralized web.
- Learn everything about our platform to help you conceive and craft content that helps others learn faster than you did.
- Build awareness through your writing that increases the number of successful developers launching apps on our sharded, proof-of-stake community-owned, public blockchain.
- Define and implement a roadmap of exciting content, workshops, meetups, focus sessions, and related initiatives designed to help developers evaluate our capabilities and learn how they can contribute to community-driven innovation.
- Support the efforts of scaling our developer funnel through engagement with world-class content creators around the web.
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical peer and community advocate.
- Grow a team of junior writers and other content creators around you while helping them build their own identity and credibility.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment
- An experienced technical writer with at least 4 years professional writing experience.
- An inspiring personality who understands how to build, and connect with thriving developer communities.
- Obsessed with making developers happy and can engage with communities in a credible, constructive way.
- Experienced with building and scaling developer relations, technical advocacy or community management functions in both emerging, and established global markets.
- Able to encourage and support others to take on challenging speaking engagements, write high quality blog posts, and more.
- Able to build plans out of chaos, manage multiple work streams, effectively set expectations among stakeholders, and prioritize your work from a long list.
- Creative and passionate about generating grass-roots attention, support and adoption of developer-oriented products by influential users and technologists across multiple developer communities.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About The NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.