Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with hardware product experience. The Hardware Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be leading hardware development and application integration of products in the Archival Storage space to support the Infrastructure Engineering organization that support the Facebook family of applications.
Technical Program Manager, Storage Responsibilities
- Drive engineering decisions and priorities to ensure that hardware teams are solving the most impactful problems.
- Work with customers to identify engineering requirements.
- Drive tape/archival storage roadmap and strategy decisions to align with Facebook-wide initiatives.
- Develop and manage end-to-end integrated hardware and software storage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects covering a range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Software Engineering, Capacity Management, Applications).
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation, and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and Application owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Knowledge in tape hardware systems and protocols.
- Knowledge in archival storage systems.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Experience working with ODMs and other vendors.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- 4+ years of Hardware Systems Design experience.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.