Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
We also feel that it’s essential to point out the self-evident here – there’s a genuine lack of diversity in our industry, which has to change. One of our goals is to help drive that change. Grid.ai is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion, and we embrace how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
What we're looking for
We are seeking our first full-time technical writer to drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with both internal teams and our wider open-source developer community. You will be a core part of the product management team, creating resources that don’t just document what our product does, but accelerate a user from novice to power user.
You'll report to Eden Afek, our Senior Product Manager, and work closely with the rest of the product team, marketers, and engineers to break down complex, technical information into clear, concise, and accurate documentation. This is an opportunity to be a part of creating the groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Establish, own, and develop an end-to-end documentation process to help users understand the nuts and bolts of our product, drive product adoption, and increase overall utilization.
- Champion the Docs as Code model of documentation as the owner of our internal and external documentation.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to produce high-quality documentation, including in-depth user walkthroughs, integration docs, API developer guides, and tutorials that work within the platform, with meticulous attention to detail**.**
- Write about core AI and machine learning concepts and product functionality that engages our target users: data scientists and researchers at all levels across all industries.
- Evaluate and optimize our current authoring tools to streamline the documentation process and improve the overall user experience.
- Work alongside the developer advocacy and design teams to develop and launch multi-media training curricula, lesson plans, and course materials.
- Proactively gather feedback from our customers and open source community on documentation to improve usability and accessibility for users across the globe.
- Conduct audits on existing documentation to ensure consistency and accuracy as the product evolves over time.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset, but give you insight into our company.
- Recruiter Interview - 15 minutes: You will speak with our recruiter about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. We want to know why you are interested in joining us and what questions you have about the team.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 45 minutes: The first interview will be an introductory interview focused on discussing your experience and reviewing your writing samples. At this point, we will provide a preparation guide for each interview, along with information on logistics and interview tools, including Google Meet and CoderPad.
- Virtual Onsite - 3 hours: You'll have the opportunity to meet one of our research engineers, our two product managers, and our Head of Developer Advocacy for 30-45 minutes each and work through exercises spanning API documentation, code samples, machine learning (for non-engineers), and culture. You will also meet our CEO, William Falcon, to chat about your background, what you’ve learned, and why you’d like to work with us.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview, regardless of whether we are moving forward or passing on your candidacy. We will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options.
- Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- $25,000 life and AD&D insurance, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $750 1-time home office build out
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to a local co-working space (upon request)