We are looking for a Senior Developer Experience Engineer to design and improve tools and processes to enable lower friction and lower stress for our product development teams building the next generation of SaaS software. You will be a founding member of our developer experience team responsible for establishing that vision.
This is a remote position. This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
Through the continued release of innovative, results-driven technology and a commitment to making customers successful, MercuryGate delivers exceptional value for Transportation Management Software (TMS) users through improved productivity and operational efficiency. We offer business intelligence to improve transportation processes, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce costs with its adaptable, comprehensive transportation solutions suite.
What you’ll have an opportunity to do:
- Take over our existing build processes and help us modernize them.
- Identify, sequence, and implement improvements to development and test environment management.
- Streamline internal policies and processes.
- Automate all the things.
- Be an influencer in our developer community, co-evolving our culture and architecture, enabling us to scale both the product and the teams in a safe and meaningful manner.
- Advocate and advance modern engineering and organizational practices.
- Work with people in other parts of the organization to promote improvements and shared goals.
- Make it easy for developer teams to focus on their highest purpose and generate the highest value by minimizing or eliminating the frictions they encounter.
- Work alongside development teams to understand those frictions.
- Maintain internal documentation of processes, workflows, and systems.
Who you are:
- You are a good developer with great habits.
- You are passionate about empathizing with and meeting partner needs.
- You thrive when creating useful and meaningful experiences, not just implementing great technology
- You have 5+ years of experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer or DevEx Engineer in a DevOps culture and/or are well-versed in agile and lean principles.
- You are experienced at the continuous delivery of value.
- You measure your work based on impact rather than output.
- You understand the importance of process, document, and code quality.
- You actively invest in your technical skills.
- You can mentor and be mentored by your peers, contributing to a learning culture that can create high-quality software at a sustainable pace.
- Expertise in scripting developer tools and operations
- Expertise in build systems, CI servers, CD pipelines
- Working knowledge of cloud architecture, 12-factor applications, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming in Java
- Experience with automated testing
- Excellent technical writing skills paired with presentation and speaking skills, with a passion to build and share with other developers and community members
- Experience with real-time collaboration and swarming
- Experience with Extreme Programming practices and principles
- Understanding of continuous improvement
- Specific knowledge of yarn, webpack, Jenkins, AWS, git, Kubernetes, Groovy, Docker, Maven
- Working knowledge of the application of observability tools
At MercuryGate, we not only value what you do for the organization, we also value your happiness, health, and time!
- Flexible Time Off (take what you need, when you need it), additional paid time off for Bereavement, Jury Duty, Community Service and 8 paid Holidays
- 401(k) company match - Traditional and Roth 401(k) options
- Choice of medical plans with Cigna, coverage beginning the first day of employment
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental, Vision, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
Compensation for this position includes a base salary of $105,000 - $135,000 per year, commensurate with experience, plus a bonus calculated as a percentage of base salary.
MercuryGate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications and business need.