Developer Marketing partners with our experts in the Developer Advocates team very closely to help bring their expert content (video, written, social) to our passionate and thriving existing developer community, as well as to increase exposure to developers outside the Salesforce ecosystem. We amplify content streams, events and our own community through campaigns, social and events.
We’re seeking an engagement specialist with experience of driving acquisition and nurture programs via paid and organic social media, of creating new programmes and has some knowledge or passion for community management. Our goal is to reach developers where they are, spotlighting new resources we build for them, as well as their own successes. The ideal candidate is passionate about using campaigns and programs to spotlight our incredible developer community and raise awareness amongst developers not yet aware of the opportunities of developing on Salesforce.
You’re Excited about This Role because:
- You want to maximise engagement with our existing community, using known channels to develop and execute campaigns, identifying new channels and opportunities for engagement with developers, and even attending in-person events to interact with them.
- You like to work in a cross-functional environment, helping other teams with your expertise to reach our developers, and representing the interests of our developer community internally to other stakeholders.
- You are creative and like to think outside-the-box, not doing the same thing over and over again, but bringing fresh ideas and insights to existing projects.
- You are visual, and have an understanding of how to produce light video content and how to manipulate imagery using known software products.
- You are community focused and possibly have been involved in some type of community management in the past, or would like to become more entrenched with community in this role.
- You have experience with devising, executing and managing paid and/or organic social media campaigns.
- You want to own tracking, measurement, and reporting of paid search performance KPIs
- You are accomplished at building messages for social media campaigns, such as descriptions and titles, and you understand the importance of SEO keywords and metadata, and you adhere to brand guidelines for tone of voice/terminology/etc.
- You like using results to make tactical decisions mid-campaign, steering it to success and away from potential pitfalls.
- You enjoy analysing the results of campaigns to help make better decisions for next time, and you like to build and run reports to share across the organisation.
- You’re keen to learn how to brief external agencies and freelancers, monitor and assess campaign performance, and measure the ROI of campaigns.
- You want to eventually own your own projects, managing external vendors and driving success
- You are happy to review and respond to community comments/posts in a quick and timely manner while fostering a positive community experience, adding value to our community.
- You want to identify influencers and harness their power for the good of the community.
- You are a process innovator, identifying new methods for old procedures, and breathing new life into our infrastructure.
We’re Excited about You because:
- Are a creative and self-motivated team player, with excellent communication skills who always puts the customer first.
- Enjoy numbers and the power that their knowledge and understanding can bring to the next project.
- Can stay focused on long term goals while executing day-to-day tactics, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Aren’t phased by team members being in different time zones and you are just as productive in an asynchronous environment as a real-life
- Have excellent writing and editing skills with great attention to detail
- Are passionate about showcasing equality and diversity, driving trust with our audiences.
- Consistently ask questions and consider life-long learning one of your core competencies.
- You are project-oriented and able to deal with several projects simultaneously, delivering excellent service to our colleagues.
- Approach your work with a deep sense of wonder and calculated risk, learning equally well from successes and...not successes
- Find deep satisfaction in getting things done, solving problems and helping others prioritize & focus
- You are adept at prioritizing and driving your own work independently, and love to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Are an experienced cat herder and project wrangler who isn't fazed by managing the needs of many stakeholders at the same time
- Knowledge of entering data and building reports and dashboards in Salesforce
- Knowledge of video production, hardware and software
- Knowledge of photo editing software for image manipulation
- Can demonstrate knowledge of any community involvement and/or management (religious, educational, industry, etc.)
- Experience being a storyteller and presenter, with the ability to quickly grasp company messaging and branding
- Proven track record in building programs from the ground up and engaging diverse stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce, Quip, Slack, Keynote, G-Suite, special bonus: Markdown & Git-based tools
- Experience learning in-demand skills with Trailhead
- Experience with Salesforce products and understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem