Are you passionate about building, promoting and supporting an inclusive and growing open source community? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of open source and AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast paced startup style environment?
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to help us build a great and inclusive community for OpenSearch - an open source search and analytics suite derived from Apache 2.0 licensed Elasticsearch 7.10.2 & Kibana 7.10.2. This role will help us make OpenSearch the de facto choice for users that previously had relied upon open source Elasticsearch. As a Developer Advocate, you will play a central role in helping us building a vibrant community of users and contributors.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The OpenSearch team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment. As a Developer Advocate, you will part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon.
This position represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a vital open source initiative, within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and open source community. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, excellent communication and writing skills, a strong foundation in working with open source communities, sound judgment, a desire to have an industry wide impact, and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly improvements.
· Work with community members to help them be successful with OpenSearch
· Build and maintain communication channels and messaging for promoting OpenSearch to the community
· Responsible for managing technical blogs and educational content for the community
· Help build out community events and meetups to drive community collaboration
· Work directly with our product and engineering teams to drive OpenSearch forward based on feedback from community members
· Help us continue to raise the bar in building OpenSearch in an open and community friendly way that builds trust and confidence
· Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our team enjoys one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of technical writing, product marketing, product management or developer advocacy experience with technical products
· Must have excellent communication skills with both internal and external audiences on both a technical and non-technical level
· Experience working with open source communities and evangelism a big plus
· Experience as a published writer on technical subject matter a big plus
· Experience working with customer facing solutions architect or support roles a big plus
· Experience with distributed systems, log analytics, and machine learning in analytical systems a big plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Developer Advocate, OpenSearch