WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are a committed and driven developer relations team who are building the next stage of developer operations, advocacy, and tooling at Box. We want to bring in an individual who cares deeply about the developer community, is an outspoken advocate, and can help us create a dynamic community together.
Our platform and developers are at the forefront of growth at Box. As developer advocates, we have an opportunity to help build and launch this next chapter at the company through our highly visible and influential team. As a community leader, you will have the opportunity to affect major changes and spearhead significant initiatives at Box.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Become a Box Platform authority.
- Lead in the engineering of our developer site and tool build systems, while architecting the next phase of developer tools and focus areas.
- Help guide the long term roadmap of documentation, guides, and onboarding material.
- Identify technical gaps and issues in Box platform APIs, SDKs, and services.
- Build and deliver technical training workshops, in various programming languages, on top of Box platform.
- Contribute code updates, patches, and bug fixes to open Box platform projects (e.g. SDKs, skeleton applications, open source projects).
- Write sample applications, prototypes, and code samples to showcase the power and flexibility of Box platform.
- Support the release of new products and enhancements to the platform.
- Support and reduce onboarding friction with the developer community through code sample creation, debugging, direct partner engagement, and long-tail support channels (forums, office hours, blog posts, etc.).
- Speak on behalf of Box platform and open technologies at conferences, meetups, and other technical events.
- Be a voice and bridge for the external developer community internally. Work with multi-functional internal product and engineering teams to guide roadmap tasks based on developer feedback, bugs, and gaps.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3+ years of experience with Node and React JS.
- You have 5+ years of software development experience building web, mobile and/or cloud applications in various languages (C#, Java, Node, Python, etc.).
- You have experience building and delivering technical training and/or developer certification programs, both in person and online.
- You have a background in supporting developer / platform communities, open source projects, or user groups.
- You are an active contributor to open source projects, or externally available community projects.
- You are both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.