RippleX is Ripple’s open developer platform for money, and our vision is a world in which value moves like information today. We believe in open networks and open protocols, and work full-time on open-source software projects for fiat and cryptocurrencies. We build tools, offer services, and provide support to enable developers and their users to send and receive payments across any currency, network and geography.
As a Developer Advocate, you will develop and lead initiatives related to engaging, supporting, enabling, and growing the global XRP community of developers around the XRP Ledger, by being their advocate and communicating their needs to our internal product and engineering teams. We believe technology should be incredibly easy to use, with a frictionless product experience that drives clear utility. You’ll have fun working with some of the most talented people on the planet that are building a future in which value moves like information moves today. You will be joining a fast-moving team focused on driving product experiences and initiatives that drive adoption, reach, and utility of the RippleX platform. You are passionate about connecting with developers, fostering community, and speaking about technologies externally to educate users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop strategy and planning for developer-facing programs including advocacy, developer tools, support and mentorship, evangelism, education, blog content and more
- Be the voice, eyes, ears, and face of the XRP community by speaking with, observing, listening to, and engaging developers directly all over the world
- Work with internal stakeholders across product, engineering, data, and growth to build strong bi-directional feedback loops and influence roadmaps
- Provide mentorship and support to grantees, help judge technical applications, and help grow our developer grants program
- Inspire third-party developers with ideas for integrating XRPL tools and services within their apps and businesses
- Speak at conferences, meetups, and events
- Participate in, mentor, and judge hackathons
- Present on the RippleX Developer Twitch stream, and help other developers to understand and use the XRP Ledger and related technologies.
- Contribute content, documentation, and insights that support a world-class developer experience
- Build strong relationships with the growing community of XRP developers by using engagement strategies and tactics that you help to form, initialize, and execute
- Measure your success by tracking engagement metrics, and working with stakeholders to improve the developer experience across the platform
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years of overall experience with 5+ years experience in a developer, developer manager, developer growth, or developer relations role
- Experience with APIs, developer communities, open-source and developer ecosystems
- Experience public speaking and translating complex technical content into narratives
- Equally adept at being tactical and strategic and able to handle conflicting priorities
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a hands-on, dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Experience participating in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems (e.g., open source platforms, blogs, tech conferences, hackathons, meetups, discord channels, technical teaching, and training).
- Passionate or interested in the problems we are solving in payments, blockchain, and decentralized finance
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.