We are looking for a developer advocate to join our team in the United States (SF or US remote). Your role will involve working with GraphQL and Hasura and helping developers and companies learn about these technologies and achieve success with them.. Given the nature of Hasura adoption, you will be working with developers across the stack, based in enterprises & high growth startups, using Hasura for large mission critical projects as well as indie developers using Hasura for their side-projects. GraphQL is still extremely new and is evaluated in great detail before becoming a part of a critical project in large companies. The ideal candidate will be able to drive awareness of Hasura by identifying and addressing the concerns and adoption problems faced by developers and companies considering GraphQL, educate developers about moving to production ready systems with Hasura and provide valuable input to the product, marketing as well as sales teams at Hasura.
What the role will involve:
- Be a part of increasing the awareness of Hasura among the developer and architect community.
- Be a part of developer events and communities locally in the United States as well as online, and help developers discover and get successful with Hasura.
- Educate a varied group of engineers ranging from frontend and fullstack engineers as well as software architects on the benefits and tradeoffs of using GraphQL, Hasura and moving to cloud native & event driven architectures.
- Set up and deliver demos, workshops, talks and webinars on Hasura and upcoming features.
- Apply to and speak at major cloud-native & GraphQL conferences across the United States.
- Work with other teams internally at Hasura: learn about new features and provide feedback from users to the product team, introduce community qualified leads to sales when appropriate etc.
- Conceptualize and build tooling, content and relevant resources to help developers discover and get successful with Hasura.
- Create and own a community resource such as a podcast, newsletter, streaming channel, etc.
- Experience working as a developer advocate or an equivalent role where you were responsible for growing and nurturing a community of software developers - with a strong track record of success in 2 of the 3 things involving engaging a developer audience: speaking at technical conferences and events online and/or offline, writing technical content that resonates with developers across the stack, building and nurturing developer community online/offline.
- Have built applications and have familiarity across at least 2 of 4 things here: Databases, GraphQL, “cloud-native” backend development, React/modern frontend dev.
- Good understanding of software engineering fundamentals. Ability to reason about good and bad practices, look beneath the hype and sift out the true benefits of new trends as being aware of the pitfalls.
- Excellent technical writing skills, as well as the ability to present both in person and on-camera.
- Has worked closely with other teams in the org such as product, marketing and/or sales.
- Comfort in speaking to developers across all experience levels.
- Willingness to travel for meetups, conferences & other events
- The ability to conceptualize, communicate & execute on short-term and medium-term plans.
- Being very organized & communicating proactively.
- Prior experience in a dev advocacy role or experience with similar roles/responsibilities.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
Good to have :
- Experience working with open source technology in enterprise.
- Experience with using Hasura.
- Prior experience running user groups, events and speaking at conferences
- Experience having worked in a remote team and collaborating across time-zones.
We hire remotely in these 11 states in the US: Illinois, Virginia, California, Washington State, Maryland, Florida, Colorado, Massachusetts, Oregon, New York, Utah.
In our office in San Francisco.
Working at Hasura:
At Hasura, we help developers build modern apps and APIs faster. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger developer ecosystem.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t fulfil 100% of the above requirements, or are unsure about whether this would be the right fit, please do reach out to us with your questions or in the comments box below!
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Hasura makes your data instantly accessible over a real-time GraphQL API, so you can build and ship modern apps and APIs faster. Hasura connects to your databases, REST servers, GraphQL servers and third party APIs (eg: Stripe, Salesforce) and provides a unified API across all your data sources.
We are a globally distributed team, with offices in San Francisco & Bangalore.
Link to this page - https://hasura.io/careers/?jobId=4R0SsIBSpuhV