Port (port.dev) is an all-in-one suite designed to help community managers grow, engage, and retain the people in their network. With clever segmentation, the Community Health Index, and the automated Port Score: we help community managers keep track of who's making the community tick and determine where to focus their attention.
This is an exciting time to join Port. We are a new software company focused on launching our product and building a brand within our industry, with community building at our heart. We've just launched various growth initiatives such as "The Community Grid" (comgrid.com), our community and podcast series, “Captains of Community” and DevRel.jobs, a job board.
The Chief Community Officer will define and lead all community-building efforts for Port and our other growth initiatives. This role encompasses community strategy, community building, marketing and partnership outreach efforts and is responsible for growing, engaging and retaining our members. You would be one of the key public faces of the Port. You'll be given a lot of control and the ability to contribute to the direction of the company.
Port is committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce and we genuinely want to welcome applications from any and all backgrounds. We look forward to bringing you aboard our ship.
What you’ll do:
- define community growth strategy for Port and the respective channels to support adoption of Port software.
- lead the community team and guide our community culture.
- oversee the content strategy for Port across our community, social media, blog, email and podcast.
- co-lead our user growth efforts across the community team, Community Grid, Captains of Community and DevRel.jobs.
- be the centre of all inbound and outbound communication to the company and be one of the key faces to the world outside of Port.
- create content and build your personal brand as a key opinion leader in all things community.
Things we’re looking for:
- 5+ years building community culture, teams and managing communities
- experience strategising wider marketing plans around community, content, social media
- comfortable writing copy and some longer form content.
- native/near native English is a must for this role
- experience supporting B2B technology community initiatives preferred, such as open source, API or SaaS
- deep understanding of the role community plays at the center of product and community led businesses
- ability to be a full-stack startup CCO, from top level strategy to daily tactical execution of plans while building a team
- excitement to work in a young, fast growing startup in a massive market space
- remote within American (prefer EST or CST) or European timezones
- competitive salary package, based around Buffer standards.
- generous equity options
- autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the company
- working in and growing a decentralised international team, not bound by location
- Macbook/other laptop
- ability to work from Berlin any time!
How to apply:
- your resume/CV or LinkedIn
- a brief email explaining: who you are (200 words max) why you would be perfect for this role (200 words max) why community is so important to companies over the next decade (300 words max)
- an hour-long call with our co-founders, Kevin, Nick and Jake
- a follow up call